There are additional challenges you face when you move out of town. Here are some key tips to keep in mind:
1. Get copies of medical and dental records and prescriptions for your family and your pets.
2. Get copies of your childrens’ school records for transfer.
3. Ask friends for introductions to anyone they know in your new neighborhood.
4. Consider travel needs for your pets.
5. Let a friend or relative know your route.
6. Carry ready cash or credit/debit cards until you can open a bank account.
7. Empty your safety deposit box.
8. Put plants in boxes with holes for air circulation.