Getting your Vancouver Island home ready for sale doesn’t have to be expensive or time consuming.
Follow these 10 steps to make your home market ready!
1. Reduce clutter. Pack away most of your decorative items. Store out-of-season clothing to make closets seem roomier. Remove newspapers and magazines. Clean out the garage.
2. Wash your windows and screens to let more light in.
3. Keep things sparkling clean. Wash fingerprints from light switch plates. Mop and polish floors. Clean the stove and refrigerator.
4. Clean carpeting and drapes to eliminate cooking odours, smoke, and pet odours.
5. Install higher wattage bulbs to make rooms brighter, especially basements and other dark rooms. Replace any burnt-out bulbs.
6. Make minor repairs to give buyers a good first impression. Fixing small problems such as sticky doors, torn screens, cracked caulking, or a dripping faucet will help show your home has been maintained.
7. Tidy your yard. Cut the grass, rake the leaves, trim the bushes, and edge the walks. Include a pot or two of bright flowers near the entrance.
8. Patch holes in your driveway and reapply sealant, if needed.
9. Clean your gutters.
10. Apply a fresh coat of paint in a neutral colour.