2. Install a new shower curtain, fresh towels, and new guest soaps to every bath.
3. Set the dining table with pretty dishes and candles.
4. Install a fresh doormat with a clever saying.
5. Take one or two major pieces of furniture out of every room to create a sense of space.
6. Put away kitchen appliances and personal bathroom items to create more counter space.
7. Lay a fire in the fireplace. Or place a basket of flowers on the hearth if it is not in use.
8. Depersonalize rooms by storing away family photos, mementos, and distinctive artwork.
9. Turn on the sprinklers for 30 minutes to rejuvenate the lawn.